With Spring in the air it is time to start getting outdoors! Here are some of our upcoming events! For more information on all these events, check out the Upcoming Event Page.
Iron Chef Challenge & Cupcake Wars– April 12
Easter Egg Hunt – April 13 at noon.
Model Railroad Train Show – April 27-28
Scrapping in the Pines – TBA
Public Presentations – May 4th
Master Gardeners Plant Sale – May 18th
Fairgrounds Cleanup – TBA
Atlantic County 4-H Fair – August 8-10
Atlantic County 4-H Yard Sale – September 7
Craft Market – December 7 & 8
And don’t forget our Electronic Recycling Event is the 3rd Sat of every month!
HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR
December 1 & 2, 2018 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
at the Atlantic County 4-H Fairgrounds,
3210 Rt 50, South Egg Harbor City, NJ
Shop our vendors while your kids crafts, watch Christmas movies & have Santa visits!
Interested in becoming a vendor the the Holiday Craft Fair? See attached application.
Craft Show Vendor application
Be a GEEK!
Need something to do during the Teachers’ Convention? 4-H is, once again, hosting the Be a GEEK – Great Engineering Experiences for Kids camp on Thursday, November 8, and Friday, November 9, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Stockton University. Be a GEEK camp is for youth in grades 5-7.
This 2-day camp is an exciting and engaging experience for your young engineer. Fun, imaginative sessions include:
Day 1: WIRING A HOUSE: Building a Structure, Insulation, and the Principles of Electricity
Day 2: THE ENERGY HOUSE: Making a small Generator & Solar Exploration
Design-build teams of 2 “engineers” will explore engineered methods of construction and wiring. Engineers will also learn energy production and distribution.
If you are interested, send your registration in early – space is limited! Deadline to register is October 24.
Click here for application Be a GEEK!
Thank you to everyone that came to our STEAM Expo & 4-H Open House. Special shout out to Scott with Snapology of Atlantic County, Dawn with Pampered Chef, Rosalie with Brilla Learning Academy, Dave & Steve with SJ Astronomy Club, Jeanette with Bravo Performance Studios , Matt with Wastelanders CosPlay, Traci with FAA AvSTEM, Gina Shearer, Bill Rafferty’s discussions on Engineering & Photography, Master Gardeners of Atlantic County, Atlantic Co. 4-H Set program, as well as all of the 4-H club volunteers that gave up their personal time to share their knowledge and skills with our guests.
If you missed our event and still want to learn more about the local 4-H clubs, please check tab on this site or contact the Rutgers Extension office at 609-625-0056.
September 29 is our STEAM Expo!! Come to the Fairgrounds and experience Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math and how it affects the world around you. While at the expo, talk to Atlantic Co. Clubs Leaders and Members to see what exciting opportunities await you. From computers, cooking and model railroad to horse shows, animals, clogging & twirling and so much more! Want a glimpse before you arrive? Go to Atlantic Co 4-h Clubs on the website menu bar and if you have an idea for a new club lets talk!
For more information on the expo, visit: https://ac4hbots.weebly.com/.
Learn by Doing with 4-H, see you on September 29!
We would like to thank:
1. Everyone who came out to the fair to support the Atlantic County 4-H program and members. We appreciate that the heat and rain did not keep you away. The kids work so hard through the year so they can show off what they learned at the fair and having someone other than their parents see their accomplishments will inspire them to continue to grow next year.
2. The Fair Sponsors whose donations helped us purchase things needed to provide for the fair. (example: awards, yearbooks, paint, but really so much more). Please see our Sponsor Page on our website and consider using one of these companies.
3. The 4-H Fair Association who gives up hours of their time to prepare for this event. Some of these volunteers don’t even have kids in the program anymore but continue to come out because they believe in 4-H and how important it is for kids to have the opportunity to learn skills that will help them in their future.
4. The leader volunteers who have given up a ton of hours to help teach our kids life skills and lessons over the past year so they could shine at the event. Most of these great people are also part of the Fair Association as well.
5. The parents that found 4-H to be a good fit for their child and support them by bringing them to meetings and events and encouraging them to do more.
I am sure I am forgetting a ton of different people but we are a little worn out from the past months. Time to recharge and get ready for next year, which starts Sept 1 . Mark your calendars for next years fair Aug 8-10, 2019.
Check out our new website for other upcoming events including the STEAM Expo & Open House on Sept 29. ac4hfair.org
Thursday, August 9, 2018 2 pm – 10 pm
Friday, August 10, 2018 2 pm – 10 pm
Saturday, August 11, 2018 11 am – 10 pm
FREE ADMISSION | PARKING $4
Atlantic County 4-H Fairgrounds
3120 Rt. 50, Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215
Tickets are available for purchase to use at any time rides are operating.
Thursday, 8/9/18 | 2 pm – 10 pm
8/9/18 | 2 pm – 6 pm Wristband Special | $18
Friday, 8/10/18 | 3 pm – 10 pm
Saturday, 8/11/18 | 12 pm – 10 pm
8/11/18 | 12 pm – 4 pm Wristband Special | $18
NJ Ag Fairs -2018